Dear Paradigm Patrons,
We are so pleased to lead Paradigm’s Fall 2014 catalogue with our own entries into the timely debate on inequality and the critique of capitalism:
- They Rule: The 1% vs. Democracy by Paul Street
- Capitalism: Should You Buy It? An Invitation to Political Economy by Charles Derber and Yale R. Magrass
And we are equally proud to honor the 50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Movement with the paperback edition of:
- Family of Freedom: Presidents and African Americans in the White House by Kenneth T. Walsh
We are also focusing on Environmental Studies, Sociology, and Education:
- Global Environmental Politics: From Person to Planet edited by Simon Nicholson and Paul Wapner
- From Jicama to Jackfruit: The Global Political Economy of Food by Kimberly A. Weir
- Epistemologies from the South: Justice Against Epistemicide by Boaventura de Sousa Santos
- Manhood Acts: Gender and the Practices of Domination by Michael Schwalbe
- Pedagogy of Commitment by Paulo Freire
- Neoliberalism, Education, and Terrorism: Contemporary Dialogues by Jeffrey R. Di Leo, Henry A. Giroux, Sophia A. McClennon, and Kenneth J. Saltman
Our Spring list continues to generate excitement, with major reviews and notices of the following works in Library Journal and The Guardian, and notice from Jimmy Carter, Anne Waldman, and more!
- We the Peoples: A UN for the Twenty-First Century by Kofi Annan
- Peter Orlovsky, a Life in Words: Intimate Chronicles of a Beat Writer by Peter Orlovsky and edited by Bill Morgan
- To the Cloud: Big Data in a Turbulent World by Vincent Mosco
Paradigm continues to develop cutting-edge textbooks and we offer these recently published new editions of bestselling texts:
- Working in America: Conflict, Continuity, and Change in a New Economic Era, 4th Edition by Amy S. Wharton
- Life in Schools: An Introduction to Critical Pedagogy in the Foundations of Education, 6th Edition by Peter McLaren
- Families in Context: Sociological Perspectives, 3rd Edition by Gene H. Starbuck and Karen Saucier Lundy
- Observation Skills for Effective Teaching: Research-Based Practice, 7th edition by Gary D. Borich
We continue our emphasis on an ambitious foreign rights program and have recently published titles in Turkish, French, Dutch, Norwegian, Spanish, Chinese, and Korean. We look forward to seeing you at several annual conferences including the American Sociological Association, American Anthropological Association, and American Political Science Association this fall.
Please let us know how we can serve you better as a Paradigm author, reader, classroom user, or in any of your other relevant capacities.
Founder and Publisher
P.S. Our Fall 2014 catalogue describing all our forthcoming titles is now available in pdf format on our Website for easy browsing and downloading. Just click here or click on the Fall 2014 catalogue listing on the left-hand side of our home page.